See SWANCC's Document Destruction page.
How to prepare for a shredding event:
- Paper must be dry, clean, and loose
- Remove metal clips, plastic sleeves, folders, and binders (small staples are okay)
- Place paper in paper shopping bags or cardboard boxes - NO PLASTIC BAGS - please!
- Limited to six (6) bags or boxes
- NO – Photos or family albums
- NO - Photo negatives
- NO – Plastic credit or gift cards
- NO - Plastic covers from check books or registers
- NO - Store receipts
- NO - Books
- NO - Non-sensitive documents
Recycle these in your curbside cart:
- Junk mail, ads, or coupons
- Greeting cards or wrapping paper
Find other options for paper shredding on SWANCC's Reuse and Recycling Directory .